Woodworker & Machinery Maintenance Apprentice
The Joinery, Portland’s iconic furniture manufacturer, is adding a full-time Shop Maintenance Apprentice to both build furniture and maintain our equipment. Creating Joinery furniture combines art with science, and modern machinery with timeless hand-crafted woodworking techniques. It requires skill, attention to detail, and drive to create the very best. The Apprentice role provides an opportunity to learn these techniques, as well as developing skills in the critical aspects of machinery and facilities maintenance that keep our operation humming.
What we expect from you:
- Experience and aptitude with machinery repair and maintenance.
- Minimum of one-year woodworking experience.
- Strong organizational skills, adherence to timelines and attention to detail.
- Good problem solving and math skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary and benefit package.
- The opportunity to develop your career as part of a great team.
- A collaborative work environment where teammates are committed to building a better world through leading edge business practices.
If you are interested in joining us, please email your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary request to [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in The Joinery!